McCormick Electrical Services Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Procedures Letter from Tom McCormick
The health of our customers and our McCormick Electrical team members is top priority.
The recent news about Corona Virus – “COVID-19” – has put all of us on high alert.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
We will do our best to continue to take care of your electrical needs throughout the virus outbreak, while exercising precautionary measures to help ensure your health and safety along with that of our team members.
When you call for an appointment, our Customer Service team will ask if you have recently traveled to a location where the virus is prevalent, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone who may have been infected. If either of those have occurred, we may delay service until you’ve been cleared by your doctor as symptom free.
To help ensure your health and that of our field technicians, we are supplying all our field technicians with hand sanitizer and wipes. Technicians will be taking precautionary steps when they visit your home:
- They won’t shake your hand.
- They will try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between themselves and you, per the CDC recommendation.
- They will put on clean shoe covers for each home they visit and throw away any used shoe covers.
- They will not hand out business cards.
- They will wipe their tablet surface with an alcohol wipe before asking you to sign for work to be done. Alternatively, the technician can send an email to you while
still on site, with a description of the work to be done and the total amount due. You can send a reply email from your phone giving approval for the work.
- They will wipe off your thermostat if they touch it.
Additional Helpful Information
- If you, or any of your colleagues, friends or family exhibit any symptoms of the virus, please self-quarantine and call your doctor immediately. Symptoms include fever, cough, and trouble breathing. · Review the CDC’s Get Your Household Ready for guidance in preparing your household members for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Especially with many scheduled to leave on Spring Break trips in the coming days and weeks, check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices for the latest guidance and recommendations for each country to which you will travel. The State Department has alerted Americans to avoid cruise ship travel. · Further information is available from both the Indiana Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We appreciate your understanding.
“Very professional an found the problem fast and repaired it.”- Elizabeth Rodriguez
My technician was Blake. He was outstanding. He was confident in the job(s) I expressed to him. Blake was friendly, on-time, and very knowledgeable. He gave me price quotes and explained how long the quotes were for and even broke the quotes down, job b”- Patrick O'Hara
Blake did an excellent job diagnosing our problem and answering questions. McCormick will be getting all of our future electric projects” - Scott Taylor
Trusted, Friendly, Background-Checked Team
We only hire people we would trust with our own home and family.
Be safe. Be educated.
Your safety is important to us, so we make it a point to educate our clients to keep you safe.
Same Day Service
We offer prompt service because we know emergencies happen.
Two Decades of Experience
When you call ME, you know we will get the job done right.
Fully Stocked Trucks
We come prepared with all the parts necessary to save you time and money.