South Bend Area Emergency Electrical Repairs
24-Hour Service to Michiana From Electricians with Firefighter Experience
In the event of an electrical problem, it’s of vital importance you contact a licensed and professional electrician right away. Left alone, it could pose a great threat to your property. In fact, the NFPA reports that electrical failures or malfunctions were the second leading cause of house fires in the United States from 2012-2016. At McCormick Electrical Services Inc., we understand the importance of protecting your home, your loved ones, and your possessions, which is why we answer our phones 24/7/365 in Michiana. Our fully licensed, bonded, and insured technicians will arrive on-time with fully-stocked trucks to get the job done on the spot.
Our repairs are all backed by a customer satisfaction guarantee. We take our work extremely seriously; if you are unsatisfied with the service you’ve received, we’ll give you your money back.
How to Tell You Need Emergency Electrical Repairs
Today, we rely on our electrical systems for nearly everything—from providing us with the necessary light to see to warming our food, from heating and cooling the air to powering our devices. Therefore, when something causes disruption to your electricity, it could put the safety of your family and your home at risk.
If you are currently experiencing any of the following, call for same-day electrical repairs in South Bend immediately:
- Electrical outlets and/or switches do not work: This could be due to a wiring issue. It is extremely important you do not try to repair this yourself. Trust a licensed professional to conduct it instead.
- Flickering lights: Although a common horror trope, they could actually lead to frightful property damage. While it is most often due to bulbs needing to be replaced, there is a chance that flickering lights are caused by poor or loose connections within your light fixtures or wiring.
- Sparks or a popping sound from an outlet: Sparks are never a good sign when you touch or plug in an appliance. This is likely due to a problem with the circuit or the outlet. Similarly, you shouldn’t hear popping sounds when powering up any devices. These sounds could be the result of loose or faulty wiring. In either case, it is important to consult an electrician for prompt emergency repairs.
- Burning smell: In the event you ever smell burning coming from your electrical system, or the smell of burning plastic, immediately shut off your electricity and call our number for quick emergency service.
- Old wiring: If you live or work in an older building, it could have aluminum wiring. Unfortunately, it is susceptible to temperature fluctuations, which make it expand and contract. The movement within the wiring can make them loose, and suddenly you’re dealing with a serious fire hazard. We will arrive and help you replace your old wiring with safer copper wiring.
- Warm electrical panel: It’s extremely important to ensure that your electrical panel is equipped with proper breaker fuses. An improper one could cause overloading, melting, or an electrical fire. One way to check for this is to see whether your electrical panel is hot to touch; if it is, it’s usually a sure sign something is amiss with your electrical system.
- Power outage or power surge: If you’re without power, do not try to restore it yourself. Contact an experienced electrician to safely assess the issue and conduct any necessary repairs.
Why Choose McCormick Electrical Services Inc.
When you need emergency electrical repairs in South Bend or the nearby areas, it’s important to choose a company that will ensure your safety. At McCormick Electrical Services Inc., owner Tom McCormick has been a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years and instills the same methods of protection and rescue in each member of the team. Rather than selling services or products, our passion is to educate home and business owners about electrical safety. Regardless of the service we are providing, your happiness and comfort come first.
“Very pleased with everything!”- Geroge D.
“I couldn't be happier with the end results and how professional and customer service oriented McCormick was from the beginning of ...”- Chris T.
“Our experience with McCormick Electrical was outstanding from start to finish. Knowledgeable staff and amazing customer service from the initial phone call to the time of the appointment. I would recommend them to anyone.”- Skye B.
Trusted, Friendly, Background-Checked Team
We only hire people we would trust with our own home and family.
Be safe. Be educated.
Your safety is important to us, so we make it a point to educate our clients to keep you safe.
Same Day Service
We offer prompt service because we know emergencies happen.
Two Decades of Experience
When you call ME, you know we will get the job done right.
Fully Stocked Trucks
We come prepared with all the parts necessary to save you time and money.